Friday, July 17, 2009

Summer Adventures

It's hard to believe it's been almost a year already. Sunday will be one year for Rex and me, and I love him so much more every day. We are going to celebrate tomorrow after he gets off work. I think we're going to go out to eat. We already got a cake to eat in case the top of our wedding cake didn't survive the year of being frozen. It's the same type of cake that I had a year ago, so hopefully it will all be wonderful!
Rex recently got his schedule changed at work so now he has Thursday and Friday off, and he works from 7 am-3pm. We get to spend so much time together now! It's awesome. We've been just hanging out at the house for the most part. We've gone over to the cousins' house a few times to go swimming, but we mostly just stay home and watch movies. I also just started my new position at the library so I get to spend a lot more time at home now. I'm going to visit my sister in Boston in a 9 days, and I can't wait! I'm looking forward to spending some time with her.
Today Rex and I went over to the cousins' house. We were going to go get some lunch before going to see Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, when Rex noticed that there was a flat tire on his car. We tried to get the car to a flat area (they live on a hill), but the tire came completely off the rim. So we decided to try to change the tire anyway. Rex got our jack out and had the car almost all the way up when the car rolled back a little and the jack broke. Not just slipped. Broke. As in, can't ever be used for jacking things up ever again. So then Uncle Walter came out and was helping us and brought out a hydraulic jack for us to use and a brick to put behind the tire so it wouldn't roll again. We had it almost all the way up (again) and all of a sudden the jack just collapsed and broke. Again. We decided to give it one more try (Uncle Walter has an insane amount of jacks in his garage) before just giving up. Luckily, the two (2) jacks that we were using were able to support the car and not break and they were able to get the spare tire on. Where was I and what was I doing during all this, you ask? I was sitting on the grass in the shade being moral support and playing Sudoku on my Zune that Rex got for me for our anniversary. :) It's really nice. I should post some pictures soon. Anyway, after we got the spare on we went back to the apartment and traded cars so we could have one that the tire wouldn't fall off whilst we were driving. Never fear, we made it to see the movie in plenty of time. It was my second time to see it and everyone else we went with's first time. I was a nerd and went to the midnight showing. Surprisingly, there wasn't anyone there who was dressed up. Other than the people who work there and had to be dressed up. The guy taking my ticket was wearing the sorting hat. He declared me Gryffindor, just so you know.
In other news, I am on my last month of prescription allergy meds, so I decided I was going to give not taking any for a few days a try to see how I did. I failed miserably. I now am trying to fight off a sinus infection that resulted from the horrible horrible allergies that I still have even though it's July and most Spring allergies are over by now. I shall be going to the doctor to get a renewal of my prescription next week. :)

1 comment:

Sylvia said...

Kathryn m'love, welcome to the wonderful world of tri-seasonal allergies. If you're as fortunate as I am, you're allergic to pollen/trees in the spring, grasses in the summer, and weeds in the fall - plus dogs, cats, and dust year-round. After allergy season is over (after the first frost), when you can go four days without taking medication, you should have an allergy test done. You might get to get shots, just like your big sister! Until then, there's always Zyrtec (Allegra stopped working for me last fall, and WOW, was I miserable).