Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Long time no see....

It's been a ridiculously long time since I have posted on here. Things are going pretty well for us. When I last posted, we had just found out that Rex's car was needing a lot of repairs that we couldn't afford. We decided it would be best to sell that car and buy a new one, so we took his car to Carmax and they gave us a pretty good price for a car that needed that many repairs. They sold us a car and when we took it to the bank to get financing through them, the bank told us that they had sold it to us for $2000 more than it was worth and they couldn't finance it. So we took it back to Carmax and the bank found us a car dealership that gave us an even better deal on a brand new car. So we are now the proud owners of a 2009 Chevy Cobalt named Leo. I drive the new car and Rex drives my old car since I do more driving than he does.
We spent Thanksgiving and Christmas with my family this year, which was fun. I've only made it back to Arkansas once since Christmas because having four jobs between the two of us makes travel difficult. We are going on a cruise to Cozumel and Progreso, Mexico in two weeks, so we're really excited about that. Rex will be going SCUBA diving with his family, but I am not a strong swimmer so I will stick to snorkelling. :) I will also be working the two Junior weeks of band camp this year, so I will be in Arkansas for that too.
While I am at the second week of camp, Rex will be moving all of our stuff into a new apartment! We're very excited about this, especially since the new apartment doesn't have a pet deposit for cats or a monthly pet rent. We decided to move because we wanted to upgrade to a two-bedroom so we will have more space. The cats need a room of their own! Anyway, we talked to our apartment complex about upgrading, but they said we'd have to pay a $200 transfer fee, we'd only get $250 of our $1K pet deposit back, and we'd still have to pay a new pet deposit of $250/cat, and our monthly pet rent was going to go up from $5 per cat per month to $20 per cat per month. We started looking for new apartments right away, and found some really nice ones. We wanted to stay within the ward we're in now, but our new place is too good of a deal to pass up. We're sad to be leaving our current ward, but I'm sure the new one will be just as nice. We're starting to get ready for the move, going through stuff and getting rid of things we don't need or want anymore. Hooray for moving!
I mentioned that we currently have 4 jobs between the two of us. Rex has started a part time job with a new company called Lonestar Health. Basically he goes to people's houses and cooks dinner for them, teaching them about health and nutrition. It's been fun getting started, and we're going to cook a show for my family while we're in Arkansas next week for Memorial Day.
I think I've got everything caught up now. I'll try to post more often!

No comments: